Monday, June 29, 2009

June Haps

Guess what? It was my birthday! And my Bestest Texas buddies did not leave me hanging even though I had moved away! Everyone did an amazing job of keeping it secret including Jason who played dumb the whole time. When the big day arrived for me to go on my girls weekend he plugged an address into the GPS, gave me a new purse full of magazines and a bag of treats and I was off! The GPS took me to a beautiful spa and resort on Lake Conroe. And there they were! Waiting next to the valet!



Here is me very sleepy in a very posh place!
We went out, we ate, we got our nails done, but most of all we did this:

I love those guys and I miss them SOOOOO much! Thanks for making my birthday really special and for giving me a special goodbye memory!

When I got home everyone was very sweet and on my actual birthday the family took me to the Iguana Grill for dinner. The food was great and the view gorgeous!
Even though it is super hot and it is slow going on the house I still am really loving Austin. This weekend I took the kids swimming in Lake Travis. The water was nice and warm and the views were great but look no beach!
Turns out we are in a major drought! We were actually asked at church to pray for rain this coming week. It felt very old testament but it is great getting back to basics.

1 comment:

Angela said...

We're so glad to have you guys here and can't wait to get the kids together to play!