Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Alex is 5!

Last weekend was Alex's birthday! We can't believe our baby is so old! It doesn't seem like too long ago we were in Luxembourg worried about his color and breathing. He was induced 3 weeks early (I couldn't take it anymore!) and was still 8 lbs. He did not want to come out, he was very unhappy to leave! His ears were still folded up and his body was incredibly hairy! He didn't make any sounds but a little moan every 5 minutes or so. He was kind of blue and it took awhile to warm him up. Even though he was the lowest scoring kid in the family (Apgar 4) I had the best recovery with him European style. I will always look back with fondness of that week spent in bed with my mother in law bringing me meals and the rest of the house taken care of. All I did was love my baby and eat cookies. Since then Alex has been all over the place and has continued to be such a joy in our family. He always has something funny to say or something crazy to do. We love you Alex!

Alex's cousin LeRoy was born 6 days before Alex and so traditionally we hold their birthdays together when we can. We have had 4 birthdays together now. They came up from Houston this weekend and we had a viking/treasure map birthday. Later in the day we hung out at the lake. It was great!








No comments: