Saturday, May 28, 2011

The biggest news is no news-

So yesterday we made the decision NOT to come home for the summer. It wasn't fun. I actually thought I wouldn't be able to do it. But now that we have pulled the trigger it feels right. I still have trepidations about entertaining the kids all summer but I think I can do it, if as usual I organize the crap out of it. Here is a copy of the letter we sent out to everyone on facebook, just in case you were ask WHY!?

"We are sorry to let you know that we won't be able to come home this summer. I know we made some great plans together when we saw you last, and we wish we could make everything happen and make everyone happy, but we've decided that it is best if we take this summer off. Over the years we have always come home no matter what, we think you know how much you mean to us that we have made that happen in the past. But now, its time for us to be practical for once. Jason has limits on his time in the States for tax reasons, and so for us to have more time as a family it is more realistic to spend our vacation days here. The good news is by doing that we will have more opportunities next summer, financially, and with tax days. We hope that you can support us. We would also like to encourage you to come to visit Ireland. Start today, put a few dollars in a jar, save a few vacation days. We want to share this with you. It is rare that you could visit a foreign country and have free room and board plus a tour guide who loves you! Please use missing us this summer as a catalyst to coming here! Anytime all year, we will have room for you."

Part of us just wants to break the cycle of always visiting people, and maybe give some motivation for someone coming this way. Maybe it could be you! We'll miss everyone really bad I'm sure. It's lonely here sometimes but maybe a slow summer is just what the doctor ordered!



1 comment:

Gurrn said...

I'm glad you're taking some time for yourselves. Traveling can be crazy (stressful), traveling home doubly so. Enjoy ireland, I'm sure you can find some great things to do locally. I wish we could make it to Ireland this year, but we've got Hawaii in October. I'll send pics. :). Take care.