Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No News is Good News Right?

So can you tell I have been settling into working life? Not much to post since I am not loitering online all day! Things are going well with the new life. I am busying in my new calling as the Young Women's first counselor and we are all now used to the working mom lifestyle. Though the gang has it pretty good since I am still here when they get home and making fabulous dinners. The house is taking a beating and so is our weekend since now lazy time has been replaced by "getting things done". But I am proud of how we are growing and developing. Kat has taken to school like a fish to water. She has such a joyful existence that she is not afraid to share with everyone! Adam is getting too old too fast. He was talking about "going to hell" if he didn't read his scriptures and we had to talk about the old school version of hell versus the Mormon version. I asked him who told him he would go to hell if he didn't do the right things and he didn't know. At least it wasn't us! Alex is adjusting to school but still has his "tired" days where he doesn't want to be away from me. It will help when I get a door or curtain to my classroom! I am having fun with my class and I am really surprised at myself. I have been able to come up with things to do and not get stressed. It must be all of my mom training. I also enjoy being creative and silly, though I don't know if I have any left for my own family. Overall I think teaching suits me. What do you think?

4 comments:

scraphappymama said...

love the hat - is it a school project??!?! glad things are going well with the transition to school and work.

April said...

sounds like your busy! Glad the kiddos are settling into school so well, it sure helps with this huge transition for you! You look great by the way, that hat really flatters you!:)

Bethanne Reynolds said...

Suits you... to a T!!

Kasey said...

sounds like you are doing awesome.
you have always been so creative. tell me about thes fabulous dinners. I need some good ones!