Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lilo!

So some of you might have heard that Jason has gotten some work with FEMA. He is going to be doing inspections for them in hurricane effected areas. Since his business slowed way down after the hurricane the FEMA job has come as a real blessing. Well he has been approved to go and will be traveling a bunch the next little while. It made me sad cause I haven't really been in this house alone, but I am happy that we are going to earn a little extra cash. So anyways I made the big push for a dog. We found a dane online that we really wanted but the people fostering it said that it wasn't good with kids and cats so no go. I was feeling some urgency about it and so I went to the Petco adoption fair. I found a dog there that I fell in love with but she is no Great Dane. Here is Lilo:I don't know if the pictures do her justice but she looks like a Dr. Seuss dog to me. She is some kind of terrier.. she is short haired with long hair on her face and feet. I know we are big dog people but right now with all I have going on I wanted a low maintenance dog. And her temperament along with her size makes her perfect for us. It was so cool eating dinner with a dog in the room who wasn't under my armpit! And she can't even reach the toilet! It's a whole new dog experience! It's only been 5 hours but we haven't even heard a peep from her yet. As for her name- the rescue kennel was calling her peaches but the kids named her Lilo. We like the Hawaiian sound so Lilo it is!

7 comments:

Sunnie said...

you are brave! i'm definitely not ready for a pet. i was tired of our fish after awhile and it required like no effort. i'm glad it will bring you some comfort when your husband is gone. let me know if you need anything!

Jana said...

I love her! I am so happy for you guys. Welcome to the single mother married life. Its totally do-able and sometimes easier. Even though I miss Scott, I am so happy to have him when I get him to myself. It makes our time together so special. Did I just share too much? I miss you we must visit soon.

Bethanne Reynolds said...

She's really sweet! And you'll all be little dog people in no time! Congrats.

Carol said...

Lilo looks like a fun dog! Bet your kids will enjoy it. Mine will have to come and play at your house. Dogs are not allowed here. Too much work...I can do rabbits and hamsters. Fish only when I don't clean out the inside of the bowl with windex and kill them...DUH! Coming to Utah anytime soon? Sure would love to see you.
Keep in touch.
Love, Aunt Carol
P.S. Prayed for you during Ike. Glad all was well...

Adventures in Petersonland said...

love your dog! i laughed when you said it looked like a "dr. seuss" dog! hahahaha!
thats a bummer that jason will be gone a lot...i know how much it sucks to have your better half gone! at least he'll be safe though.
i think my mom is moving to mansfield (its pretty close to dallas) this week. is that close to you? i know that texas is HUGE...
miss you! we had a rockin 80's party and you and jason were missed! sad that you moved away before we had these...

Kasey said...

How fun! I don't think we are ready for a dog, but I sure do miss it.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

You need to adopt a companion pet and name it "Stitch."

I'm bummed that I missed last night's girly festivities. I hope that there were lots of rounds of raucous New Kids On The Block karaoke.