Friday, December 19, 2008

New Christmas Traditions!

Last year our dear friend Bethanne got us an amazing gift. It was a gingerbread nativity set So this Christmas we finally got it out. Thanks to Pillsbury's ready made ginger bread dough it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. Afterwords we went caroling and stopped by a local church that was doing a live nativity scene. Sounds like new traditions to me!We also took our Christmas pictures and got the cards out. Also during December we have been busy with Scouting.Here is Kat getting her Daisy Pin. And the whole troop in which I am a co-leader. Can you tell I am two feel taller then everyone??
We had a big surprise one day when it started snowing! We are so mystified with Texas. It is cold one day and hot the next. I don't know how people deal with it. My hall tree has coats and jackets, the shorts and t-shirts are still in drawers. It's annoying! Lilo knows how to deal with it all! Ah to be a dog! We did not place her in there, she burrowed in! Soon my family will start to arrive and then Jason's parents will come in time for Adam's baptism. Didn't these turn out nice?
I think I have done everything I need to do to start the season. Today is Kat's birthday and we are going to the roller rink! I can't believe how big our kids are getting. 6 years ago today Jason was just 24 hours home from India and I went into labor after staying with my parents for 2 months. The time has gone by so quickly and we have been so many places since then! I am sure I will post birthday stuff soon, but until then: Merry Christmas everyone! And a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you're living up the holiday season. Adam is so handsome! Wish we lived close enough to come to his baptism! Have a Merry Christms!

Anonymous said...

Me too, I wish I could come to his baptism (would I be allowed?) Kat is gorgeous and Alex looks like Adam when I first met him, so I get confused looking at those pictures. Adam is growing into such a young man! And finally, you've done wonders with decorating the gingerbread nativity!

Kasey said...

Congrats Adam! I LOVE your pictures. Your kids all have such a different look to them. They are beautiful! I need your address! I ran out of our christmas cards, but i still want your address. e-mail me.