Friday, February 20, 2009

Hello Internet! Thing are crazy over here. Jason is still looking for work and I started working at a scrapbook store to make our money stretch. So far I haven't bought anything but it has only been two days! I really like it but it is hard to work full time. But I do love seeing Jason do all the house stuff! He made a great dinner tonight and did all the laundry. It is a big eye opener to switch places but I love it! I wanted to tell you all something cool that happened today. You all know I love the book The Science of Sexy. (A fashion advice book) Well I wrote to the author last week and he wrote me back today! Here is our correspondence via facebook. I am off to write Oprah all about it!!



Dear Mr. Bradley Bayou,
My name is Sarah Livingston and your book the Science of Sexy changed my life. I am just another stay at home mom but I found your book at the public library and became a disciple. Once I bought the book I started to share it’s principles with my friends. I became so well known for these fashion “secrets” that word spread and I was asked to teach a class to my ladies society at church (about 200 women). I told them about you and your book and I feel confident that I have been responsible for at least 20 sales of your book. Well now I have some friends coming to me and asking me to do a “fashion audit” for them, and they want to pay me. I’m not anyone famous or especially educated, but I love teaching people about your book and how to feel confident and sexy right now! With the body they have right now! It is a message that is so important in today’s society. So my question is, will you allow me to use your book to help other people and myself? Like many my husband is unemployed and we are struggling. Doing something I love and getting paid for it would mean a lot to me. Even just to hear back from your lawyers saying I should cease and desist would be amazing! No matter what, I remain a loyal and fabulously dressed fan thanks to you.
Sincerely,
Sarah Livingston

dear Sarah..I got your email and was very impressed and humbled...It is wonderful that you can use my book's info to help your friends and yourself...I have sent your letter to my office and we will keep you in mind for any more that we can help you with...Please feel free to continue on with my book, and let me know how you're doing... sincerely....Bradley

Internet I just had to share!!

3 comments:

Bethanne Reynolds said...

Fantastic, Sarah!!! Good luck!

Chrystal said...

Hey,
I am always looking for something new to read. I will have to check this one out and let you know what I think. I am sure Dave wouldn't complain if I sexed it up a little:)
Chrystal

Adventures in Petersonland said...

(ive been awful at reading blogs so im sorry this is so late) NO WAY!? thats awesome! how cool that he wrote you back.
and im grateful to you for also introducing the book to me! i have to refresh myself on what i shouldnt wear at times as i forget. its hard when youre used to dressing a certain way! i still wear knee high boots even though i shouldnt be...i have to keep my legs warm somehow in this butt cold germany weather!