Thursday, April 30, 2009

Catchin Up

April has been such a busy month and I really haven't done it justice. First Jason started traveling around for his consulting gig. It was great to have him back in the game and using all his customer service super powers. Jason really is a professional and did an amazing job. In fact a few days ago he got a fruit basket telling him so. With him traveling we have made the most of the weekends. Here are some pictures from Alex's birthday that I missed on the last post.Leroy and Alex are only 6 days apart so we always have their party together if we can help it. As usual it was crazy and fun. The boys had a sponge bob themed cake, we played pin the tail on the donkey and had a pinata. The biggest surprises were having Mimi and Pappy in town and Uncle James' mustache! This is what Mimi does best!

Then here are my late Easter pics of the fam. It was so fun to be dressed up for easter. Am I wrong? Is that not a tradition? I remember as kids having hats! Sadly I did not find a dress for me but at least I matched the theme. For Kat's hair I actually had her sleep in "rags" a la Little House on the Prarie, to get her hair to hold a curl. It lasted a long time. You just take a strip of cloth, roll the hair in it at tie the ends together. She was so excited. I think you can tell in her humble curtsy!
and the last notable note was that in all of Jason's travels he has been able to stop in and see loved ones.
In Utah he got to see his siblings and grandpa, but he also had a miracle. Some wonderful friends from our days in Russia were all gathered together at a restaurant the night Jason flew in. They called him as he was getting off the plane and he went straight there. It was an amazing night to see all these special people 10 years later! We know it wasn't a coincidence!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That night was sooo amazing! If you can believe it, you can totally feel the spirit at a Chuck-a-Rama! We missed Sarah terribly! On a side note, look how funny Pres Wright's hair looks! The picture behind him makes it look like his hair is wiggin out! heh heh!

Bethanne Reynolds said...

OK:
1. Yes, I'm extremely happy you blogged before heading off... this one was well worth any wait!
2. Your family is gorgeous!
3. Yes, dressing up fancy for Easter is a tradition. We didn't have hats but we often got new dresses.
4. In the pic of the 3 kids, Alex looks like he's on the cover of GQ Kids, and Adam looks like he's ready to be a missionary already!! And Kat just looks so proud and so beautiful!!
5. That's a crazy story about Jason's Russian reunion thing!
6. I miss you all!!!!

Valerie said...

You're so hot Sarah!! I love the easter outfits. Too cute!
I miss you so much. Sorry we never connected after the drama. Call me when you get a chance. Our phone stopped ringing for awhile and we didn't know it. But it is fixed now so call anytime. I want to catch up!!

Adventures in Petersonland said...

i hope you guys can live with jason soon! how far away is austin from where youre currently living at? i dont know texas well...
you guys looked awesome for easter! i love kats hair and you look sexy as ever! i still thank you for introducing me to "the science of sexy." such an awesome book.
and so rad that jason was able to see his old friends from russia! and ya, that couldnt have been a coincidence...