Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Now a word about hair...

For the people that have been my girlfriends or sisters you know that I have always coveted celebrity's hair. Their thick flowing manes with perfect barrel curls. I have even fooled myself into thinking a perm could create that effect once or twice. I have invested hundreds over the years in curling irons and rollers. But now I think I have finally found the right product. Evidently technology had to catch up. Here they are! They make look scary but once you get the hang of it it really works. I just towel dried my hair, put some styling mouse in it, put the curlers in, then did my housework.

After about an hour they were dry. Now of course this is ideal for people like me with thin hair. I don't know what my friends Kim or Jana would do.
Ok now about the kids- we went to Austin this weekend to visit Jason and it was nice to be together and funny to see his bachelor pad. We swam at the pool every day and I also took the kids to see the capitol
Next to the capitol is a beautiful building that is the visitor center. I think it used to be a law building? Anyways they had some cool Texas exhibits in it.
I love that we got to enjoy a little Texas history for free! The rest of the weekend we spent schlepping the kids from one rental house to the other. They loved them all and I think got tired of our indecision. But it is complicated! Look at what we are contending with!
But in the end I know we are supposed to be in Austin. Jason loves his job and we love the city. The area we found to live in is like Colorado and Virginia mixed together. It is hills like we call mountains in Virginia and so green! If I can just get that view I will be all set to let time just slip on by. I am really trying to settle down I swear! Stay tuned to see where we end up!

1 comment:

Adventures in Petersonland said...

thanks for the curlers info! i too am fascinated with how celebrites always have amazing hair...mine is so LAME. im trying to grow it out as i love the long flowing curls look.
glad you guys got to see jason in austin! and im happy you guys feel good about that area. my mom said that austin is her favorite city in texas so its got to be good!
i miss you!