Monday, March 2, 2009

Febuary Haps

I think we crammed a lot into the years shortest month! I had lots of projects as usual but in the end I think we did alright! First I had a youth activity that my young women were in charge of. We decided to do it on Social skills and it went great. We used Napoleon Dynamite and made a DVD of what not to do. I also got to hearken back to my dating days and let them in on my 3 phase dating system. Valentines rolled around and it was pretty fun. I kicked it off with a little pancake luv for my kids: Then we went over to Uncle James' house for a V-day party. He went all out with the dry ice punch and strawberry shortcake.









Later that night we got together with our favorite couples the Howe;s and Jordy's to make our own Melting Pot restaurant. We ate great fondue and then had a chocolate fountain afterwards. Jason made a great love mix on the ipod and we played the newlywed game. The only thing we didn't do was take pictures!! Cortney made everything beautiful and we all surprised each other by giving gifts! I will post what I made the girls later.
The next week we had Thinking Day which is a girl scout holiday where we celebrate diversity. Our troop made a display for France. I had fun showing off speaking French and talking about chocolate.
Last but not least, this past weekend I went camping with the Young Women in the ward. I told myself it was just a big slumber party but it was exhausting. All the dramatic highs and lows were there! But my favorite thing was being able to share the young women with Jana and let her be a leader with me and Cortney. I also love all the girls I get to hang out with and pretend I am not a mom in my 30's. The weather went crazy and dropped twenty degrees during the night and we had major gusts of wind. the only thing keeping us our tent down was our bodies! I came home and had a looooonnnnnggggg shower and went to bed by 10. I can't believe March is here already. Even though these are crazy times for us and we have NO FREAKING IDEA what the future holds, I got to give props to the man upstairs for allowing us to have so much fun in the meantime!!












1 comment:

Jana said...

Youre the best!