Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Momma don't get dressed up for nothin!

So the biggest news with us is that I got a job! Forget trying to start Jason's art career! (Just kidding I will always be up for that) I have found something that is going to work with our family and give us a little breathing room financially. So here is the story. A few Sundays ago I sat next to a girl I have never seen before at church and we got to yapping. She asked if I worked or stayed home and I told her I was considering getting a job but not sure how to make it work with my family. She suggested I look into working at a Preschool. I hadn't thought of that route before because I thought that with my stone cold resume I couldn't make it work. After a few attempts and about 5 interviews I found a place that will work great for my family. The hours are 8:30 - 2:30 and Alex gets to come for free. I also only work 4 days a week and only during the school year. It is going to be such a change for us but I think for the best. A whole new era starts next week! Here is a link to the company, I mean my company! www.playtimeforkids.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a challenge, I can testify to that! If you ever need to "vent" (and you will) feel free to use my listening and empathetic ear.

Jana said...

How insightful this mysteriously sexy but very intelligent stranger was. You were so lucky to have met her.

Sunnie said...

okay that is so great! i hope it goes really great. and honestly that will be perfect for your kids. what more can you ask for!

Kasey said...

That is exciting!! It sounds like it works out perfect.

Carol said...

It sounds fun....I just got a call today and will be substituting for 5th Grade on the first day of school. The teacher has an emergency surgery for his wife. So I get to start school too. It almost gives me butterflies. Let us know how you like your new job.
Keep in touch!
Love, Aunt Carol