Monday, August 25, 2008

Twas the night before school....

I will spare you the cutesy poem but today was the first day of school but it was OH SO much more then that! Today Kat started Kindergarten, making it her debut in the American system. She is a veteran of the Luxembourg schools, but today she starts to learn IN ENGLISH! Oh happy day! She has been counting the days down and asking Adam lots of questions about it. I am sure she will do great since she is a social butterfly like her mom. I can't wait to hear all about it. But the biggest change for us was that I went to work and Alex went to preschool (where I work) So Here is the picture of our kids ready to fly away from the nest!Work went really well and I think that I am going to do a decent job. This week I am just training and getting my room ready for my class which will start next week. The hardest part was getting Alex used to the program and to let him throw tantrums and have the teachers deal with him not me. It was really hard. But he says he liked it! What I like about all of it is the schedule and routine. We had a family meeting last night to map out what our days are going to be like from now on. It was a change to get up at 6 so I could have the shower before Jason and to pack everyone's lunch and be ready by 7:30 but we did it. Here is everyone putting their shoes on:
Thanks everyone for your support. It meant a lot to me that so many friends were excited about me going back to work.

4 comments:

Sunnie said...

that is so great that it went well! i'm excited for you to teach preschool. i think i would enjoy that especially when my kids were older. good luck!

Julia said...

Glad to hear it went well! Everyone looks great..you'll have to post how the kids' day went at an American school. I hope Alex adjusts for you- gosh it's so ideal that he can be where you are. Good thing he liked it!

Jana said...

Happy for you I am. Hey, I have written lesson plans for that age group if you need them. Let me know.

Kasey said...

I love the pictures. I am glad you had a good first day at work!