Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloweenies

I finally got around to carving the pumpkins. I'm kind of a snob about it. I like being really creative, but this year the kids wanted to use the patterns that came with the carving kit. I did get them to at least clean the guts out themselves!
Of course Adam wanted the skull, and Kat wanted the cute Goblin. Alex just wanted his name in the side!
For dinner we I made a candlelight dinner. Thanks to Women's Day Magazine who suggested it!
And at school today the kids were supposed to dress up as characters from their favorite books. I think we did pretty well! Introducing Calvin & Hobbes and Laura Ingalls!

3 comments:

Sunnie said...

cute cute! love the dinner idea! and i'm not sure i'm really cut out for carving pumpkins. it's not my favorite thing to do, but i'm all for tradition.

scraphappymama said...

very cute. i leave the bulk of the carving pumpkins to Aaron - I still can't handle touching the guts. Liked your dinner idea. I wanted to be creative, but in the end - I did nothing.

good job on the costumes!!

Adventures in Petersonland said...

love it! adam is so stinkin handsome too! he looks really good with his new hair cut.
good job on the laura ingalls and calvin and hobbes! they look great. (LOVED your poo story by they way!!! ahhhh! "get this peanut butter off of me"!!!!! so sick!)