Sunday, July 6, 2008

Driving to Kentucky

As we drove to KY we stopped a few times of the beaten path. Here we are at the only American Freshwater Pearl Farm. It was kind of a bust but I got a real pearl as a souvenir. The kids are holding up gummie clam shells.
Here we are on the outside of Dino World. It was $12 a piece to get in so we took a picture with the trash can.
We went 20 miles out of our way to get to Lincolns birthplace and it was closed by the time we got there. But we could see a cabin in the distance.
I was pretty tired of fast food so we got fast breakfast at the Wafflehouse. It was about the same price as McDonalds! Also we got to meet a few yokels. The scenery was great for the whole drive but I don't know about some of those towns. But we did get to see where Malt-o-Meal has it's headquarters! Now that is Americana!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Hey, thanks so much for putting these up here for me to read...it helps me feel like I'm not so far away fro you guys. I love you so much, Sarah...