Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just about perfect

Before
So the reason I got to help decorate my impending neice's room is because it is a joint baby shower project. My family got together and pledged money to do it up. Here are the before and after pictures. The little girl in the after picture is Ruby, the soon to be big sister.






After
What you can't see in the picture is the other wall where we framed pictures of Little Golden Book characters, like the Saggy Baggy Elephant, and the Poky Little Puppy. And those two brown squares are going to be adorable head shots of my neice and nephew, but I just picked them up at Walmart so we haven't had a chance to hang them.

Thank you Ikea for all the cool stuff you sell!!


2 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

It looks fantastique!

I'm not sure if this is an apartment which means you can't paint the walls but maybe you can finish off the sort of "jungle" theme and tie in the palm fronds by hanging some faux flowering vines up around the ceiling?

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I know you don't know me but your husband is my son, Joshua's Primary teacher and I joined the Parkway Ladies group today. :)

I just critiqued your music on Facebook.

We have 5 year old daughters born 3 days apart. My Melody's birthday is 12-16-02